March 10, 2016
ACCA, the Indoor Environment & Energy Efficiency Association, honored Dan Burke, Chairman of the Board of Advisors of Goettl Air Conditioning in Tempe, AZ, with the 2016 Skip Snyder Humanitarian Award. The award was presented this morning as part of a MainStage Session at ACCA 2016, taking place this week at the Charlotte Convention Center in Charlotte, NC.
Burke was a standout candidate for this prestigious award due to his significant contributions to the community and the industry. Under his leadership, his company has reached out to positively impact the lives of those in need and for the betterment of nearby communities through a wide range of charitable efforts, including:
- The J. Duncan Goodrich Air Conditioning Technology Endowment, a $100,000 scholarship fund established by Goettl Air Conditioning’s managing partner Ken Goodrich in honor of his father, at the College of Southern Nevada (CSN). In addition to benefitting students within this program, veterans graduating from this program are able to purchase essential tools to begin working in the HVAC industry.
- Launching a Veteran’s Hiring Initiative for former military servicemen and women seeking employment and interested in starting a career in the HVAC industry.
- Replacing five vandalized air conditioning units at St. Catherine of Siena School.
- Donating and installing two commercial evaporative air conditioners to Max’s Community Closet (a local charitable foundation selling gently-used clothing and household items), and it helped the charity remain open during the hot summer.
- Donating funds and parts, along with other sponsors, to the Foundation for Senior Living for the annual event to fix and maintain evaporative coolers for seniors and low-income families in the community.
- Distributing thousands of cases of bottled water for the homeless.
- Installing a new commercial cooler in the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Animal Haven animal shelter, where inmates foster and rehabilitate abused and neglected animals.
"Skip was an iconic leader with a unique passion for life, service to country and profession," said Paul T. Stalknecht, ACCA president and CEO. "Dan and his team at Goettl Air Conditioning share the same giving spirit as Skip. They have come together to make a difference in the lives of people in their community regardless of age, race, religious affiliation, or economic status. They have shown compassion and generosity to those who need the most help, which is what this award stands for."
"I am extremely honored to receive the Skip Snyder Humanitarian Award," said Burke. "I am accepting this award on behalf of my entire team at Goettl Air Conditioning, because each of them plays a part in our efforts to support our community. We have been given the opportunity and ability to help those who are less fortunate than us. We are humbled by the recognition and hope that we can continue to provide this type of support for many years in the future.”
The Skip Snyder Humanitarian Award was established by ACCA in memory of Skip Snyder, a past national chairman of ACCA and NATE, who passed away in the Fall of 2013. Skip was an iconic figure in the HVACR industry, but through his many benevolent efforts and actions, he left his footprints everywhere – especially at ACCA. The award will be given in the future to recognize an ACCA member that has made extraordinary contributions to the betterment of society and community. It is a tribute that defines Skip's remarkable character and his philosophy of life – helping, caring, and sharing with others.